Our key areas of expertise in banking and finance include:
- Anti-money laundering regulation and compliance.
- Data Protection Act compliance and confidentiality issues.
- Financial Services and Markets Act (including authorisation, supervision, compliance and disciplinary issues, mis-selling of investment products including interest rate hedging and derivatives).
- Claims for the recovery of unauthorised payments and misapplied assets (including mistaken payments, tracing and subrogation, liabilities for dishonest assistance and knowing receipt, applications for freezing injunctions and other urgent interim orders).
- Consumer Credit Act (including drafting regulated credit and hire agreements, securities and notices, enforcement of Consumer Credit agreements, Consumer Credit compliance and supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority).
- Consumer and business finance issues (including drafting of credit and hire agreements, recovery and enforcement of personal and business finance, including lease and hire purchase finance, claims for breach of warranty/implied terms, factoring and invoice discounting).
- Financial aspects of structured and project finance (including PFI and PPP projects).
- Insolvency issues affecting lenders and borrowers (including corporate and individual insolvency, including administrations).
- Lender and bank liabilities (including financial mis-selling claims and professional negligence involving lenders and banks, financial advisers and valuers).
- Payment, set-off and account issues (including payment services regulation, mobile payments, electronic transfers, cheques, bills of exchange, notes, and documentary credits).
- Securities and mortgage law and regulation (including drafting and enforcement of mortgages, charges, debentures, guarantees and indemnities, possession proceedings, forced sales and receiverships).
To access bite-size digests of cases of interest to banking and finance lawyers please access Neil Levy's Bank Notes UK blog. Cases noted on the blog are from 2012 to date and are filed under the following case categories: