Louise deals with all aspects of public and administrative law, and has a general common law background which she can bring to bear on public law issues. She deals with all areas of public law, but her particular areas of specialism include immigration; healthcare; inquiries and inquests; security, prisons, police and military matters; and FOIA and information law issues. Louise also has considerable experience of civil claims with a public law element, including civil claims against the Crown Prosecution Service and the Police.
Louise has acquired substantial experience of public law through acting on the Attorney General's Panel of Counsel in London for central UK Government departments. She is now a member of the Regional Panel and she continues to have a thorough understanding of the particular demands on public sector organisations involved in public law litigation.
Louise has experience of tribunals and courts at all levels, having appeared in a wide range of hearings, and of managing large and complex disclosure exercises. She has acted as LPP Counsel in accordance with he Bar Council document, 'LPP - Independent Counsel in relation to Seized Material'. She holds DV security clearance.
Louise is also a Visiting Lecturer in Public Law at the University of Law, Bristol.
- Youssef V SSFCA  UKSC 3 - Judicial review precedings relating to UN Al Qaida sanctions regime
- McGartland v SSHD  EWCA Civ 686 - Declaration made in court below pursuant to section 6 of the Justice and Security Act 2013 upheld on appeal in case concerning an alleged former Irish informant.
- AB v Home Office  UKEAT/0363/13/JOJ - Circumstances in which the employment tribunal can conduct a review of a judgment.
- Mohamed & another v SSHD  1 WLR 4240 - Reasons for rejecting the abuse of process case of suspected terrorists in control order / TPIM proceedings oculd not be confined to a closed judgment.
- CF v Security Service & others  1 WLR 1699 - First section 6 declaration made under the Justice and Security Act 2013 allowing a closed material procedure in a civil claim.
- Mark Duggan Inquest [2013-2014] - Junior for the IPCC into the inquest into the shooting of Mark Duggan in 2011 that sparked the London riots. Louise also assisted the IPCC in the drafting of their report into the shooting.
- R (oao Lords College of Higher Education) v SSHD  EWHC 2027 (Admin) - Judicial review concerning the lawfulness of the revocation of a sponsorship licence under Tier 4.
- R (oao Bourke) v SSJ  EWHC 4041 (Admin) - Judicial review concerning the lawfulness of a decision to maintain a prisoner's categorization status at Cat.
- R (oao Noureddine) v SSHD  EWHC 1707 (Admin) - Judicial review concerning the lawfulness of a lengthy period of immigration detention.
- Baron Mereworth v MOJ  Ch 325 - Strike out of claim by a hereditary peer who sought a writ of summons entitling him to sit and vote in the House of Lords.