Our team covers all aspects of clinical negligence litigation, including:
- Anaesthetic injuries
- Cardiac (surgical and non surgical management)
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Colorectal surgery
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer and associated treatments
- Gynaecological injuries
- Hand surgery
- Management of chronic illness in the primary care setting (e.g. urological, renal, and gastric)
- Management, care and containment of patients in the psychiatric setting
- Neurological injuries arising out of alleged mismanagement of stroke, subarachnoid haemorrhage and meningitis
- Obstetric injuries
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Product liability claims
- Retention of organs
- Upper GI surgical injuries
In addition the team has specialist knowledge in ancillary fields of healthcare such as:
- Inquests acting for both families and NHS Trusts.
- Professional disciplinary hearings in the MPTS (formerly GMC), the General Dental Council, and the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Professional negligence claims arising out of mismanagement of clinical negligence litigation by solicitors.
Our barristers covers all levels of seniority and act for a full range of clients, including:
- Commercial providers of care
- Legal and risk services
- Medical defence organisations
- Public and privately funded claimants
Many of the barristers within the clinical negligence team are members of AVMA (Action for Victims of Medical Accidents), PNBA (Professional Negligence Bar Association) and Bristol Medico Legal Society.