Our team covers all aspects of clinical negligence litigation, including:
- Anaesthetic injuries
- Cardiac (surgical and non surgical management)
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Colorectal surgery
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer and associated treatments
- Gynaecological injuries
- Hand surgery
- Management of chronic illness in the primary care setting (e.g. urological, renal, and gastric)
- Management, care and containment of patients in the psychiatric setting
- Neurological injuries arising out of alleged mismanagement of stroke, subarachnoid haemorrhage and meningitis
- Obstetric injuries
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Product liability claims
- Retention of organs
- Upper GI surgical injuries
In addition the team has specialist knowledge in ancillary fields of healthcare such as:
- Inquests acting for both families and NHS Trusts.
- Professional disciplinary hearings in the MPTS (formerly GMC), the General Dental Council, and the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Professional negligence claims arising out of mismanagement of clinical negligence litigation by solicitors.
Our barristers covers all levels of seniority and act for a full range of clients, including:
- Commercial providers of care
- Legal and risk services
- Medical defence organisations
- Public and privately funded claimants
Many of the barristers within the clinical negligence team are members of PNBA (Professional Negligence Bar Association) and Bristol Medico Legal Society.