Recent work includes:
- Acting in disputes between healthcare and social services authorities, and in challenges to NHS decisions to refuse continuing healthcare funding.
- Acting for and advising the MOJ in a range of challenges concerning the provision of prison healthcare, including external mental healthcare provision to prisoners.
- Advising on challenges to commissioning decisions under the NHS (Procurement, Patient Choice and Competition) Regulations 2013.
- Advising on allegations of abuse of dominance against an NHS primary provider.
- Advising on the preparation of tenders for medical supply contracts, and the lawfulness of price rebates in the NHS.
- Advising in relation to a potential public law dispute arising from the NHS (General Medical Services Contracts) (Wales) Regulations 2004.
We also act in social care and mental health cases, including:
- Adult social care, care home funding, support under the Care Act 2014.
- Children’s services, including support under Part III of the Children Act 1989, leaving care services, support for families with no recourse to public funds and age assessment judicial reviews.
- Mental health and aftercare under s.117 of the MHA 1983.